Re: autoconf-archive suddenly gone in EPEL 7

> On 23. Aug 2017, at 14:29, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This is one of those unfortunate things that happens when using CentOS; major releases trail RHEL and sometimes when things make the shift from EPEL to RHEL proper, CentOS users end up without some packages available for a while. We're dealing with the same issue with the `http-parser` package, which not only got moved from EPEL to RHEL, but also downgraded the NVR in the process (so we can't just leave the EPEL package in the repo  until CentOS catches up).

First time this has bitten me. To be honest, this is actually pretty bad. (Understandable though.)

Luckily, 7.4.1708 is expected somewhere between Aug 22 and Sept 12 according to [1].

BK

[1] https://seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-source-code/