[modularity] Modules and AppStream

Hi,

what happens when the packages in a module contain AppStream metainfo
files?

In a non-modular repository, all these metainfo files get collected into
a big AppStream collection file which is then used by GNOME Software
(for example) to present interesting packages to the user in a nice way.

In a modular repository, I think the same thing should happen so that
GNOME Software can present interesting modules to the user in a nice
way.

I think we need to change the collection process in the following ways,
it unfortunately wont just work:

 - Metainfo is in packages, but we need to be installing modules.  Thus,
   the collection data needs to have module names into the AppStream
   <pkgname> tag.  I propose to keep AppStream metainfo data in
   packages, and map from package names to module names during
   construction of the collection data.

 - Because of streams and profiles, there can be multiple versions of
   metainfo for a given AppStream component id.  These need to be
   merged, using something like

       https://github.com/ximion/appstream/pull/132[1]

What do you think?

How would you map from a package name to module/stream/profile tuples?

Thanks!