Re: CI projects in Copr

Hi,

As the maintainer of the Pantheon DE components and elementary apps, I
have a setup that runs "nightly" builds of 59 of those packages in the
"decathorpe/elementary-nightly" COPR repository for all supported
fedora releases.

This "CI-like" setup helps me catch upstream changes (that warrant
packaging changes) early, and it has even made it possible for me (and
upstream) to find (and fix) errors and / or incompatible changes
early, and not only after a release was tagged upsteram.

The setup I have for triggering and running the builds is a bit
special, as I use a program that I wrote myself (kentauros [1]), which
is triggered by a systemd timer on my machine. The packaging files
(and the program itself) are available on github [2]. I have looked at
tito, but since I don't have access to the upstream repositories, I
needed to find my own solution.

Fabio

[1]: https://github.com/decathorpe/kentauros
[2]: https://github.com/decathorpe/elementary-nightly-rpms