Re: Finalizing Fedora's Switch to Python 3

On 28.7.2017 17:51, Colin Walters wrote:

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
The change has to
start somewhere and even though I cannot really speak about RHEL,
I would think that changing it in Fedora first makes more sense.

There hasn't been a single "Fedora" since we landed the editions,
although that's somewhat superficial.  With Modularity there will
*really* no longer be one "Fedora".  Want to drop python2 out of
the container base image?   Actually, that's done already!  I'm
all for that.  Anyone who wants python2 in their containers
is probably going to be choosing centos/rhel anyways.

Dropping python2 from Workstation?  Sure, sounds fine to me, I
don't care much personally.   I'm just pushing back against that change
landing for Atomic Host.

It's up to the maintainers of Atomic Host to decide what's there. I don't see how that relates to this thread. We have never said anything about what is supposed to be or not to be in the Atomic Host.

--
Miro Hrončok