Re: dnf cache downloading behavior

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 11:25:48AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > Here you aren't root so it's not using the same cache, because it can't
> > write to the root owned cache so it creates a temporary cache owned by your
> > user.
> Oh. My. God. It makes complete sense, but is also completely
> ridiculous. What a bad user experience.

It seems like it would be completely reasonable for DNF to use the root
cache if it's considered "fresh" by the current configuration. And
actually, possibly even if it's not with a warning that the data might
be out of date, with a flag required if you really want to download the
metadata as a regular user.

Of course, also, this wouldn't be so bad if the required metadata
download were smaller.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>