Re: [Fedora-packaging] Bundled Provides Libraries and Versioning

RB> On top of these problems I have also observed a trend away from
RB> having releases and versions at all. Lots of golang programs just
RB> depend on git commit hashes of libraries that don't make
RB> releases. I've also observed this problem in some JavaScript
RB> libraries.

That's true, but we have a scheme for versioning packages containing
such things, and I see no reason that scheme isn't applicable anywhere
we might need to make reference to a version of a particular piece of
software.

 - J<

 Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH
 System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics