Re: Fedora 27 mass rebuild at risk

On 07/07/2017 02:53 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Besides the glibc downgrade, I'm not aware of anything else we could do
> to get ready for the mass rebuild in time.

I discussed this with Carlos, and we came up with this:

On POWER, the transition to the float128 format for the long double type
did not happen upstream in time for the glibc 2.26 release.  This
transition was the reasons why we requested the mass rebuild.  If no
other reason for a mass rebuild has surfaced, then we should just skip
the mass rebuild for the Fedora 27 release.

My concern is that the mass rebuild will reveal a substantial number of
issues on POWER, and we'd have to look at each one individually to see
if it is the known IFUNC resolver breakage.

Thanks,
Florian