Re: Package suggestions

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 11:18:13PM -0000,  rugk wrote:
> >  wonder what Legal's opinion on that would be.
>
> It worked in Debian. ;)
> Basically they did not package the original game files. I think they
> are even not included in the upstream project. They just state: "Do
> you have a file of the original game?" If yes, you can copy it
> somewhere and the game will use it. That's all fine from a legal
> point of view.

>From a *Fedora* point of view, the longstanding policy is that we don't
package software which *requires* non-redistributable bits:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Packages_which_are_not_useful_without_external_bits
(Game engines which are open source and which work with redistributable
but non-free content are a different special case.)

If this game works with a redistributable content set and is free of
other problems, that's a different story.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>