Re: F27 System Wide Change: Rsyslog log format change proposal

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i call your infrastructure scattered around the globe the minority of setups

This can be the case for Fedora but it would be not for CentOS and RHEL,
where this change should head in too.

> "there is a simple way to change the format if you wish"

Sadly not, I am usually called to systems already deployed, used and broken.
My advice to maintainers of such troubling deployments then usually is to use
only ISO 8601 and UTC in timestamps, properly set ntp, backup, track
configuration changes etc... But, well, not every time are these recommendations
actually implemented.

Cause of these timestamps where you need somehow deduce TZ used is not
that their maintainers prefers traditional rsyslog format, but because
it is there
by default.

Regards

Roman