Re: F27 System Wide Change: Rsyslog log format change proposal

Thanks, Stephen, I will update the "Benefit to Fedora" section.

>  It does not inspire confidence that the person(s) proposing this Change understand the potential fallout.
> what packages in Fedora parse the rsyslog output and make sure that they are capable of handling the change.

Everyone is free to change his log's format, our proposed new default is even between templates packaged together with rsyslog under the name "RSYSLOG_FileFormat" (What we currently have default is "RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat").

When some package will break because someone adjusted format of timestamps, the bug is in that package and not in the rsyslog's format.