Re: The future of the packager group for dist-git

On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 01:31:50PM +0100, James Hogarth wrote:
>    On 3 Jun 2017 8:33 am, "Pierre-Yves Chibon" <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>    I think to abandon the packager group for non-scratch builds would be a
>    mistake.
>    The sponsorship to packager status is an important part of ensuring that
>    those joining the community are aware of the guidelines so they are more
>    able to follow the guidelines when updating a spec.
>    I think this would be less of an issue if koji required the packager group
>    (and not just an acl check of the package) to build the non-scratch
>    packages.

So iirc, there is a cron script that sync from pkgdb to koji the list of users
allowed to do non-scratch builds. This script has already been ported from pkgdb
to pagure, if we could tweak it so that it syncs not only the person with commit
access to the project and member of the packager group, I think we would obtain
the desired behaviour.

Pierre