Re: [Test-Announce] Re: Fedora 26 Candidate Beta-1.3 Available Now!

On 05/31/2017 02:22 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:46:10AM +0200, Christian Dersch wrote:
So I'd strongly prefer a 1.4 build as a random failure @build
infrastructure (which is not the maintainers fault), should not block
any build to be part of a (alpha/beta/final) release.
I think ultimately we need a way to get these out of lockstep with the
main release. We should be able to build and publish Spins/Labs on
their own cycles (ideally without human intervention required from
rel-eng).

How much use do you see of the Astronomy Spin as bootable media or its
own install? For some, this really makes sense (the desktops, the
security lab) but it seems like maybe Astronomy might be better as a
curated software set in GNOME Software?

I think of that in addition, because that makes much sense, just a lack of time right now. But the live media are very useful, e.g. at conferences to present it without the need to install anything. So I see this also as some kind of marketing. Also got some nice feedback from both amateur and professional astronomers at universities.

For building and publishing spins/labs in own cycles: I completely agree with you

Greetings,
Christian