Re: Self Introduction: Thanos Apostolou

On 18/05/2017 07:55 μμ, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
>> I've seen many users (especially youtubers) avoiding Fedora because of some missing packages and because it's not so user friendly.
>> So, my goal is to contribute to Fedora by creating some simple packages which I've seen many people ask for.
> Hello,
>
> I will go ahead and make the assumption that missing packages may be
> related to audio and video, and usually they are not in Fedora for legal
> reasons (mostly patents?). Have a look at rpmfusion [1] and you will
> probably find the missing packages there.
>
> Dridi
>
> [1] https://rpmfusion.org/
No I'm not talking audio/video packages. There are other packages
missing from Fedora and RPM Fusion, which are available on Ubuntu and on
arch repositories or AUR and they are qualified to included in the
Fedora's repositories. For example I need for my university ns2, nam,
xgraph (for which I have created a Copr repository but I don't plan to
make a Review Request for these, because they are too old and kinda
broken). Also smlnj (http://www.smlnj.org/) for which I will try to
create a package in the future (it's too complicated for me now). Many
youtubers like to use compton, compiz 0.9 series (which has differences
from compiz 0.8 which is included in the repos). Various themes which
could fit nicely in all the Fedora spins. A few more free software like
youtube-dl-gui and others.

So bottom line, I would like to get sponsored and help with as many
packages as I can in order to make Fedora more popular.