Re: Self Introduction: Sanford Rockowitz

On 3 May 2017 at 13:18,  <rockowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A color calibration/profile is meaningful only in respect to the physical color settings on monitor at the time of calibration.

100% agree; in colord we load the VCGT (gamma) table as part of the
profile, although I'd much prefer to to the temperature change on the
display, rather than limiting the gamut using the gamma ramp. Would
you mind joining the colord mailing list and introducing yourself
there too? I suspect we can use ddcutil to set things like the
brightness in an automatic way.

Richard.