Self Introduction: Sanford Rockowitz

The Package Maintainers Guidelines suggest a self introduction on this list for those submitting their first package, so here goes.

I've just submitted package ddcutil with a request for sponsor. (bug 1447517).  This is a utility for controlling monitor settings (basically anything that can be done by pressing the buttons on a monitor, and then some).  It grew out of my interest in photography and color management.  A color calibration/profile is meaningful only in respect to the physical color settings on monitor at the time of calibration.   Change the red level on the monitor, for example, and it's meaningless to apply the calibration.  ddcutil allows you to save the color related monitor settings at the time a profile/calibration is created, then restore the monitor to those settings when applying a profile.  Another use that has proven popular is to switch monitor inputs.  The utility has been publicly available for about a year.  More information can be found at http://www.ddcutil.com.

Over the years I've programmed hardware ranging from mainframes to PCs, in languages ranging from assembler to Scala. In Silicon Valley I'm probably best known as the creator of the SVForum/Computer History Museum Distinguished Speaker Series in the early 2000's