Re: Split translations to noarch packages?

On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 08:18 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> If we went this route, I'd love to see us attempt to solve this
> generically for all packages if at all possible.

	Hi,
right, having this done transparently for the packagers would be ideal.
You only need to decide from which build/architecture you'll compose
that noarch package. Evolution package used to remove unused translated
strings in the past, during the build.

My main issue with libreoffice langpacks divided by country was that
even I chose my mother language during installation of Fedora, that
particular langpack wasn't installed, thus libreoffice was not
localized to my mother language, though other parts, like GNOME Shell,
were. This is few Fedora's back, on a machine which I keep updating,
instead of installing from scratch, thus it's possible the behaviour
changed meanwhile.

I mean, maybe it doesn't make always sense to divide langpacks by
country.
	Bye,
	Milan