Re: Mass issue: /usr/bin/env dependency

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 09:25:55PM +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
>    On 2 April 2017 at 17:06, Jens Lody <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>      Fedora Packaging Committee:
>      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee?rd=FPC
>
>    Just humle question: why I should contact FPC about two bugs which I found
>    in dnf? Comment about contacting FPC was straight under my comment about
>    these bugs.
>    This committee seems has nothing to do with dnf development.
>    And/or as long as no one still confirmed that what I see in result of my
>    test unit is real still I have nothing to submit about change anything in
>    current packaging methodology.
>    Sorry but I'm a bit confused now :-L

This committee is what controls what is and what isn't part of the Fedora
Packaging Guidelines.
So while dnf bugs should be reported on bugzilla, any changes at the policy
level should go through the Fedora Package Committee.
With the understanding that under the current FPG what you are presenting as a
bug in dnf might not be considered as such by the dnf developers, thus potential
need to go to the FPC to get the FPG changed.

Pierre