Re: Mass issue: /usr/bin/env dependency

On 30 March 2017 at 20:01, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You don't know whether the person you are replying to
is "guessing" or whether they actually have experience and expertise
which just happens to be different from yours. In fact, in this case, I
will guarantee you that it's absolutely true.

Just one more note based on pure logic.
If someone has experience bases on maintaining some set of typical small/trivial changes across thousands packages build/install/test frameworks like I have, but this person has different post factum experience/conclusion than mine.
Because Fedora has no policies (as as far as I know never had) about not using /bin/bash in case when script is pure SH script or not using in preamble /bin/sh when script is bash script, has no policy about not using /usr/bin/env when it is only one possible to use interpreter, has no policy about correcting linking with not need libraries, has no at least few (maybe 3 or 4) similar such trivial to introduce (and IMO maintain) policies *significantly reducing numbers of some issues related to many dependencies between packages* ..
.. conclusion must be that such person possessed this experience not working on Fedora (and/or close derivs like RH, Oracle Linux or CentOS). Am I right?

Really I'm not asking about name or career details such person.
Jut please use as The Final Argument name of the OS/distribution on which such changes have been introduced, maintained for some period of time and/or abandoned as creating to many long term problems.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH