Re: How attached are we to branch ACLs? -- Should we kill pkgdb?

PC> So, does per-branch ACLs make sense to you? Have you had cases where
PC> you thought it was good/bad? More importantly, have you had cases
PC> where you would want to give someone access to just one branch and
PC> really really do *not* want them to have access to the other
PC> branches?

To me it's more about information.  Currently we can track who is
working on, say, EPEL6 separately from Fedora.  Since packaging for EPEL
can be significantly different (though less so since EPEL5 is almost
gone) it helps to keep that separate.  There are many cases where
maintainers for Fedora just don't want to be troubled with keeping track
of what's required to make EPEL (and especially old EPEL) work.

This does matter for, say, bugzilla assignments, but I don't think
there's any real case where you'd want to prevent _in infrastructure_
someone from poking at a specific branch.  If simple communication and
the occasional git revert doesn't work then you have a much greater
problem anyway.

So per-branch _enforcement_ of ACLs doesn't seem particularly important
to me, but I think it would still be useful to keep track somewhere.
And of course we have to tell bugzilla something.

 - J<