Re: Reminder: upcoming retirement of webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 18:28 +0300, Pete Walter wrote:
> I would like to unretire webkitgtk3 as removing it breaks one of my
> packages (bijiben). My intention is to keep maintaining the
> webkitgtk3 package until bijiben gets ported to something else.

I recommend publishing a git snapshot of bijiben for now, or applying
one of the patches from upstream:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/bijiben/log/?h=wip/igaldino/webkit2-port

Of course it would be advisable to check with upstream regarding the
state of that port first, but there's plenty of time between now and
the Fedora 27 release in November to get problems ironed out.

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 18:28 +0300, Pete Walter wrote:
> I took ownership in pkgdb, but it appears to be still blocked in
> koji. Does anyone know how I can get it unblocked?

You have to make a request to releng, as Neal says. I hope that releng
will not approve such a request without a decision on the matter from
FESCo, since this would entail reintroducing a security-critical
package to the distribution that is affected by over 200 known
vulnerabilities.

Michael