Re: Reminder: upcoming retirement of webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 07:35 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a reminder that the webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages will be
> retired from rawhide shortly after F26 is branched from rawhide. This
> is due to numerous security issues affecting those packages (I just
> counted 204 CVEs), many of which could allow remote code execution.
> Bugs have already been filed against all directly-affected packages
> [1].

Hi,

This is now complete in rawhide. The packages have *not* been retired
from F26, so if this broke your package you have the rest of the F27
development cycle to decide how to handle it. The best option is to
port to the modern webkitgtk4 package, but alternatively you could try
bundling older WebKit with your package.

Michael