Re: Orphaned Packages in rawhide (2017-03-01)

On 03/02/2017 04:12 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On 2 March 2017 at 07:51, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/02/2017 01:43 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

And I also fear, this AWOL process doesn't work, because I have seen
packages in the mass-rebuilt, owned by persons, of whom I am pretty sure
went through the AWOL-ticket process at FESCO.

Ralf

Can you give us a list of these?
I didn't keep records of those names, I tumbled across and I am not sure whether it's fair to "denunciate" these people in public. However I can send you the (very short) list of those "suspects" I recall off-head on PM.

It will be easier to track down what
is going on.
Theoretically, FESCO's track should have tickets about these.

Also, in the past, IIRC, koji (or was it bodhi?) did record a person's last build activites, which would provide a strong indication about a person's activities. Unfortunately I can't find this anymore.

Furthermore, very strong hints on such packagers provides this page:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/mass-rebuild/f26-need-rebuild.html
when combining it with koji and finding packages which have not been built by its maintainers/owners for years.

Personally I would like to have a "sign of life" renewal
to Fedora accounts to try and track this down but people have said
that is too much bureaucracy.
Agreed, I think this is inevitable.

Ralf