Re: Orphaned Packages in rawhide (2017-03-01)

On 2 March 2017 at 07:51, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/02/2017 01:43 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> Is there a way to request a package owned by somebody else to be retired?
>>>
>>> I am asking, because during the recent mass rebuilt, a larger number
>>> packages have been rebuilt, whose maintainers are known to have left
>>> Fedora
>>> or apparently do not seem/do not seem to be able to care about their
>>> packages.
>>

>> We have nothing in place other than to start the non-active maintainer
>> process for all of them.
>

> That's, what I feared ;)
>
> And I also fear, this AWOL process doesn't work, because I have seen
> packages in the mass-rebuilt, owned by persons, of whom I am pretty sure
> went through the AWOL-ticket process at FESCO.
>
> Ralf

Can you give us a list of these? It will be easier to track down what
is going on. Personally I would like to have a "sign of life" renewal
to Fedora accounts to try and track this down but people have said
that is too much bureaucracy.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.