Re: fedorahosted.org sunset is next week!

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 10:21:51 +0100
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft <jean-baptiste@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I count 5183 links to fedorahosted in Fedora's wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Special:LinkSearch&limit=500&offset=5000&target=https%3A%2F%2Ffedorahosted.org
>
> Can we plan build a few scripts to search and replace? I assume the
> bot I used for l10n cleanup will do the job:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jibecfed/wiki_cleanup

Well, we don't know what to replace them with in many cases. ;(

> I assume we have to findout wich projects are indeed existing in
> Pagure to do this. Any simple way to do this?

We can easily get a list of pagure projects,
https://pagure.io/api/0/projects
but we don't have any kind of for sure mapping between old fedorahosted
projects and new pagure ones. They could have changed names...

> In order to replace direct links fedorahosted' main page, can you
> create a wiki page to talk about this platform sunset? Or have you
> any page in progress to help people to search for basic information?
> (the content of your previous email looks fine, maybe just adding a
> way to access raw project data to maintainers after the shutdown)

I can make a page sure...

> I feel like infra team member is more skilled than me to make the
> search and replace, but will be pleased to help if needed.

Well, I don't see how we can really do this in an automated way.

I guess we could find those we know for sure and change them and leave
the rest.

kevin