Re: fedorahosted.org sunset is next week!

On 23/02/17 00:28 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Kevin Fenzi wrote:
By that logic:

% egrep -i "Source|URL" * | grep googlecode | wc -l
372

The Fedora community is NOT ready for googlecode to be shut down?
Things go away, it's part of the great internet cycle of life.

It is well known that Google does not give a darn about its users and just
pulls the plug under them whenever they (Google, NOT the users) feel like it
(which is why it is such a bad idea to depend on their services). It is
really not an example to follow.

The point is that Source: and URL: tags are often out of date or
mention sites that were valid once but no longer. We have packages
referring to gitorious.org, or to sites that are moribund because the
project has moved to GitHub. We haven't fixed all of them, so I see no
reason to keep fedorahosted.org running just because spec files refer
to it.