Re: fedorahosted.org sunset is next week!

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:22:05 +0100
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > fedorahosted is getting retired soon (next week!).
> >
> > A quick grep of spec files shows a lot of packages still using
> > fedorahosted.org in their URL and/or Source file lines.
>
> That tells me that the Fedora community is NOT ready for
> fedorahosted.org getting shut down and that it should be kept alive
> longer.

By that logic:

% egrep -i "Source|URL" * | grep googlecode | wc -l
372

The Fedora community is NOT ready for googlecode to be shut down?
Things go away, it's part of the great internet cycle of life.

Anyhow, note that (like googlecode) we will provide raw project data to
maintainers after the shutdown.

kevin