Re: heads up: planned changes of Git (split, credentials replacements) in rawhide

On 14.2.2017 15:07, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 02/14/2017 01:58 PM, Petr Stodulka wrote:
>> Hello,
>> we are planning some changes in Git in rawhide according to some
>> changes in upstream. I want to apply all changes during this week
>> yet, but in case you have some recommendation or propmts to planned
>> changes, you can yet give me feedback before we will do that.
>> Briefly, changes what would be interesting for you:
>>
>> - Move gnome-keyring credential helper from git-core to separate
>>   subpackage git-gnome-keyring. If you use use someone this, you should
>>   install it manually or modify requirements
>>   Note: credential-gnome-keyring is deprecated by upstream.
>>
>> - enable libsecret credential helper instead of libgnome-keyring
>>   - part of git rpm
>>
>> - fixed requirements of packages
>>   - removed requirements:
>>       rsync from git-core
>>       libgnome-keyring from git-core
>>   - added requirements:
>>       libcurl for git-core
>>       perl(Git) for git-email
>>       perl(Git) for git-cvs
>>       libsecret for git
>
> Hi Petr,
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to completely drop the libgnome-keyring git
> backend and just switch to the new libsecret based one? I don't think
> any gnome users would need both because the two libraries both talk to
> the same daemon, gnome-keyring-daemon.
>
> libsecret is just a new API and a replacement for libgnome-keyring, I
> don't think there's a need to build the support for both.

Hi Kalev,
thanks for info, I understood that wrong previously. You are right,
in that case it make sense to drop libgnome-keyring completely from git.

I will push changes today. If anoyone else find some troubles with that
change, just give me feedback.