Re: Get LLVM's libc++abi into Fedora, BZ1332306

>> Alas, clang++ now needs to link against the GCC ABI to successfully compile.
> what actual problem is caused by that?
Please read instead “Alas, clang++ currently needs to link against the GCC ABI to successfully compile.”
The problem is that one might want to use libstdc++ (GCC) and libc++ (LLVM) along with GCC ABI and LLVM ABI, respectively. Fedora currently enables the GCC case, but one has to fall back to GCC ABI even when using an LLVM library.

> which clang instrumentation tool requires libc++abi?
Not an instrumentation in particular, I ran into problems when trying to LD_PRELOAD some instrumented binaries and founding they needed libc++abi.

> there are subtle corner cases breaking exception handling:
>
> https://whatofhow.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/libclibcabi-on-linux/
Blog post amended in the comments.

Overall, I am not willing to argue about C++ best coding/debugging practices. I am rather asking if there is any possibility that package review request (BZ1332306) stalled for ages would get some care. Had I been a packager, sure I would try to handle the review process myself, but I am not a packager. It would be nice to have some contributor giving the libc++abi package some time, I am quite sure there are many people who will be very grateful.

Thanks.