Spec files maintained in external source control: *please* mention this in the spec file

Hi folks! So I got bitten again today by the situation where the
primary contact for a given package considers the 'canonical' source
for the spec file to be some external SCM, and finds it a problem when
someone (e.g. a provenpackager like me...) changes the package directly
in dist-git.

This is at least 50% my fault for not trying to check in before
changing the package, but at the same time, it'd really be helpful if
packagers who do this could note it clearly and prominently in the spec
file, with a direct link to the external repo in question. Fedora dist-
git usually is supposed to be the canonical location for Fedora package
files, but if you're following a different workflow, it'd really help
avoid problems if you at least explain this prominently in such a way
that someone who just goes directly to dist-git will be aware of it.
It's been the case for a while now that Fedora is supposed to be
broadly collaborative and no-one has exclusive 'ownership' of a package
any more (hence the name change to 'primary contact' from 'maintainer'
or 'package owner'), so I think it's reasonable to expect this.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey