Re: question about dnf builddep with some deps missing on some arches

On 5 February 2017 11:21:30 pm GMT+00:00, "Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek" <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 11:02:16PM +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
>> On Sun, 2017-02-05 at 18:29 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> > systemd.spec file has
>> > %ifarch %{ix86} x86_64 aarch64
>> > BuildRequires:  gnu-efi gnu-efi-devel
>> > %endif
>> >
>> > ... and this seems to work fine in mock/koji/etc.
>> >
>> > dnf builddep deals file with an srpm built on the architecture:
>> > $ fedpkg clone -a systemd && cd systemd && fedpkg srpm
>> > $ sudo dnf builddep *.src.rpm
>> > (ok)
>> >
>> > But the following command fails on ppc64le:
>> > $ sudo dnf builddep systemd
>> > No matching package to install: 'gnu-efi'
>> > No matching package to install: 'gnu-efi-devel'
>> > Not all dependencies satisfied
>> > Error: Some packages could not be found.
>> >
>> > I'm confused: this seems like an error in dnf, or am I doing
>something wrong?
>> SRPMs are distributed only once, so it's matter of luck which one
>will be
>> distributed.
>
>Hm, OK. I see why it is like this, but this limitation makes the
>command much less useful. Maybe at least the dnf.plugin.builddep man
>page should warn about this?

The problem you are hitting is because you have to always rebuild the srpm for the target arch, rpm processes the spec and sets the macros in the srpm at srpm creation time. Which can be wrong when you go to do anything on the srpm. Koji rebuilds the srpm on every arch to ensure deps for that arch are correct, however we only ship one srpm.

Dennis