Re: Is it possible to manually insert shared library deps in an RPM?

On 02/06/2017 11:47 AM, David Howells wrote:
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

%if %{__isa_bits} == 64
Requires: libisl.so.15()(64bit)
%else
Requires: libisl.so.15()
%endif

That doesn't work.  It complains about illegal characters.

Sure it works. It's copy-pasted from a spec I just built *just in case*
there's been some sort of wacko regression someplace, that's not the case.

Parentheses have always been a common part of rpm provides and requires, if
you're getting errors there's something else going on.
Feel free to point me to the spec that's giving you illegal character errors
from the above.

It works now, thanks.  I'm not sure what I did before, but:

	Requires: libisl.so.13()(64bit)

definitely did produce an error, but now no longer does.

You probably had some special unicode character there which looks like an ascii character, or something like that. Parenthesis and full stops are among the most common non-alphanumeric characters in dependencies.

	- Panu -