Re: F26 Self Contained Change: Anaconda LVM RAID

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 4:55 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please ensure upgrades of systems using MD RAID are properly tested.

Please help test upgrades if there's a layout you want to work. The
only way anything gets tested is if someone does the test.

> My server at home broke on upgrading to Fedora 22 (#1201962), and also
> on upgrading to Fedora 20 before that (IIRC).

That's a while ago, the system upgrade method is different now. At
least on workstation it's using systemd offline update to do the major
version upgrade, same as minor updates. So if it's able to do minor
updates without breaking, it should be able to do the major one
successfully. Whether there may be a bug that prevents a successfully
upgraded system from booting - well that's what testing is for.

>So let's please ensure that we have proper
> test coverage for existing systems.

Please describe your proposal for ensuring proper test coverage, in
particular if you personally aren't able to test what is by definition
a custom layout?

--
Chris Murphy