Re: Boost 1.63 rebuilds underway for f26

On 27/01/17 13:55 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 27/01/17 11:21 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
As part of the https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/F26Boost163
change to update Boost in F26 I've started rebuilding the packages
that depend on Boost, using the f26-boost side tag. That means I've
pushed a bumpspec change to their spec files, but the rebuilt package
won't land in rawhide until they're all done and everything in the
side tag is merged back to the main f26 target.

If you maintain a package that depends on Boost and this will
interfere with any package maintenance you're doing please let me know
and I'll coordinate the rebuilds with you.

I'm trying to get all these rebuilds done before the mass rebuild next
week, but as usual there will be lots of FTBFS cases.

Aaaargh! Boost have changed something so that the URL we have in the
boost.spec file now downloads a snapshot, not the proper release. So
the new package I've built is not Boost 1.63.0 but something newer
with some arbitrary set of changes applied. They still call the
tarball boost_1_63_0.tar.bz2 though, to be confusing.

I don't know what state that snapshot is in, so I'm going to have to
start again. Sorry if your .spec file gets bumped twice.

boost-1.63.0-2.fc26 is in the f26-boost tag now.