Re: debuginfo updates: RFE for dnf?

On Fri, 2017-01-13 at 11:10 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> Once the debuginfo is installed, however, we have a little bit of a
> stalemate, because the regular updates do not update the debuginfo
> files, so the symbols and sources get out of synch with the actual
> installed software. It's not a big problem---all that's required is
> to enable the appropriate debuginfo repos for the update, but I
> haven't found a really nice way of doing it.

I think it's a big problem. I don't even know how to update debuginfo,
I just keep using stale debuginfo forever.

We need a solution that works for PackageKit as well, so it can handle
updates automatically. A dnf plugin is not the answer. I usually update
my system using the user interface built into the desktop, not manually
with dnf.

Michael