Re: Applications with AppData and not visible in the software center

This amount of breakage (65 packages, *despite* validation), is a sign
of a bigger problem. The "validation" is weak, and the filtering
applied in gnome-software, i.e. the user interface, is strong and
unexpected and silent. IMHO things should be reversed: validation
should be proactive and warn about things which are wrong now or will
be considered wrong in the future, and no filtering should be done
during display.

If there are some issues with an appdata entry, both users and the
package maintainers would be much better served if it is displayed,
even imperfect and ugly, than not at all. It would be much easier to
diagnose things, and would probably encourage more people to fix those
visual issues. Currently it's just too easy to never see the problem.
Filtering in this final "user" stage just seems to be in the wrong
place, and goes against the principle of gentle degradation.

Zbyszek