Re: Applications with AppData and not visible in the software center

On 5 January 2017 at 13:41, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> wrote:
> This one has the too small icon "problem". It only has a 32x32 one,
> and with my (also wearing the Portecle upstream hat) graphical skills
> a new, better one simply will not appear, and simply resizing/scaling
> the current one is not IMO an option. Icon contributions are welcome.

The problem is really with modern HiDPI screens. A 32x32 icon scaled
up to 64x64 and then again to 128x128 just looks really bad, and the
software center designers really don't want apps that just make
everything else look ugly.

I don't normally suggest this, but could you take an existing stock
icon perhaps from the GNOME icon theme and modify it for your needs?
The Portecle icon doesn't look particularly "branded" and it would be
pretty easy for someone with inkscape skillz to make distinctive. I'm
pretty sure there's a fedora design mailing list too, and that's full
of helpful suitably qualified people :)

Richard.