Re: Quality control, does it exist? A recent update removed a keyboard layout from system.

Quality control can be a thank-less procedure but a very important one
that can mean many things to different user groups ie developers
or just a regular users - each group has was it priorities are
important to them.
In a community driven environment it is important to get the mix
correct and too ensure that the product remains stable as possible,
that all contributors are heading to a common good as what a packager
may see as important may or may not be important to the end users.

It is ensuring that processes are in place to allow people to
contribute easily to any part of the project and ensure that they feel
their contribution is worthwhile and respected, and ensuring that the
politics are kept to a minimum. Car-clubs are the same and the best
one do it well, community based software development may learn
from people that have seen things go off the rails and affect
community projects to their detriment or destruction.

I have been a long time user of fedora products and respect the people
that have contributed over the years, but their are signs that some
things could be done better but will always depend of resources being
available and someone to do it. This needs fostering in any community
project IMO to do well. Keep the politics out of the way.

Regards

Timothy Ward