Re: Quality control, does it exist? A recent update removed a keyboard layout from system.

> I agree — it's ideal to avoid these kind of things. However, there are a *lot* of moving parts, and we just plain don't have coverage for every use case.

I don't think the base.xml file is that incomprehensible. If you remove layouts from it, you can be pretty sure that they will be removed from the menus.

> Quality control exists

But what it does actually mean? I wouldn't call three pseudonymous total amateurs yelling "works for me" quality control.

While Fedora likes to claim otherwise, one should probably see Fedora as a some kind of test bed for new technologies and those who do want actually reliable distro should look at things like CentOS. This regression could have been avoided by thinking before committing, but it wasn't.

And by the way, flatpak seems to be broken for X11 users because a some kind of X server permissions problem and no one seems to care. Traditionally though such kind of major bugs have been fixed quickly, but apparently not now.