Re: future of official optical media support in Fedora

> > Virtual machines are great for convenience, but they are not real
> > hardware and we cannot in good conscience release our product without
> > testing it on real machines with real media.
>
> It's still a good test to do.  For example, Server and netinst ISO
> images are used a lot for VMs, but not for bare metal.

I wasn't clear on this, so let me be more specific. My proposal is only related to bare-metal optical media support (physical CD, DVD, BD). It is not related to VM booting at all, so our existing criteria would remain to hold - i.e. all the images have to be bootable in VMs since Alpha/Beta (Beta strictly per current criteria wording, but effectively I believe this would be approved even as an Alpha blocker). This would not change.