Re: Nautilus usability

On 11/28/2016 03:22 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 20:23:31 -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:

An SSD drive might not have this problem, but a spinning disk definitely
will.  You should never try running multiple copies on the same disk if
you want it to finish in a reasonable time.  With one copy, you can do
long contiguous reads and writes, but if you have multiple copies
happening, the read and write head will be bouncing all over the disk.

And what does that have to do with the progress window issue?

Sorry for taking the thread off-track. I had accidentally deleted the original message and thought there was something about multiple copies taking a long time as well.

I agree with you that the progress info window is not so useful and often seems somewhat broken.