Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-11-25 at 13:53 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> > But if the installer is (completely) broken, it might as well be dropped.
>> > Alas, it's not completely broken.
>>
>> Unwieldy, perhaps. It's kinda hard to argue that the installer needs
>> to be this complicated, that Fedora (mainly QA) has to put in so much
>> effort into the installer each cycle testing for bugs in new features
>> and also regressions.

>> > The testing should be switched to be a dual-boot test, as it's what
>> > Mac users are more likely to be using (and also a necessity for firmware
>> > upgrades).
>>
>> The firmware angle is a very good point.
>
> But you were wrong in the first place. We *do* test dual boot installs
> on that Mac, when we test anything on it. As I said already.

I never said or previously suggested the tests aren't predicated on
dual boot. What I just did today, is reply to someone else making that
assertion without correcting it. I know the installation tests are
dual boot, following a restore of macOS. But my understanding is the
Mac Mini isn't generally running macOS; it's running Fedora. Unless
that system run Mac OS and any update notifications for firmware
updates are responded to and then applied to the system, it's not
getting firmware updates. It's pretty unlikely missing firmware
updates are going to affect Fedora testing, but...

--
Chris Murphy