Re: Modifying container storage for Fedora 26.

On 11/22/2016 06:24 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Vivek, Dan,
>
>> - Now when docker users overlay2 graph driver, all the images, containers
>>   and associated metadata will be stored outside the root filesystem and
>>   onto /dev/docker-vg/foo logical volume.
> This is a change from current storage setup?  Right now, containers go in the docker volume, but images do not.  If we can do that, it would be worth having overlay right there.
>
> My one concern for Atomic is ... how do existing users upgrade when we make this change?  Does their devicemapper config still just work when they pull the new tree?

They don't we to have tools to allow a user to convert from devicemapper
backend to overlay.  And we can document that in a blog once we make a
change.
I think there is an existing blog that covers it.

Sadly I can not find it right now.

But you can do something like:

atomic storage export
atomic storage reset