Re: upcoming build and release developer flag day December 12 2016

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> koji authentication will be switching to Kerberos. Koji supports multiple
> authentication mechanisms. Fedora infrastructure has set up a freeipa
> instance internally that has credential syncing to fas. We are working on
> ensuring that gssapi caching is supported so that you can have multiple
> TGT's and the ability to work in multiple reams at once. you can get
> started today by doing kinit <fas username>@FEDORAPROJECT.ORG if you move
> your ~/.fedora.cert file out of the way authentication will still work.

Maybe a crazy idea, but couldn't Koji just use our SSH keys for
authenticating somehow? Those just work without any extra setup, they never
expire, and unlocking passphrase-protected keys is also an already solved
problem (ssh-askpass including GNOME and KDE versions, ssh-agent). All that
would have to happen is to tunnel the Koji CLI's communication through SSH
to koji.fedoraproject.org or to some trusted tunnel server that you can
delegate authentication to.

        Kevin Kofler