Re: RFC: Change the default hostname for Fedora 26+

> I am fighting against human unreadable names in hostnames (specifically in datacenters)

Hurrah!

I like this idea, but I wonder if the potential for confusion or even offence is too high for it to be workable.  I'm thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_teddy_bear_blasphemy_case.

> I can imagine the US names can be confusing,

Indeed, I find them confusing as a speaker of UK English.  This /could/ be localised with UK data, but I don't think we'd want to start down that road.

See https://pypi.python.org/pypi/petname and https://www.npmjs.com/package/human-readable-ids, which both use animals.

--
Peter Oliver