Re: DNF and PackageKit background data usage

Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> Add to this that these caches seem to be never cleaned, so that they
> grow up very large  up to the point they prevent updating the system. I
> just found that the packagekit cache on my machine is about 7Gb !!!
> Probably because I do use packageit at all (dnf cache is much smaller at
> ~700 Mb).

IMHO, this is a feature, and the DNF default behavior is the bug, a critical
data loss bug even! Given that Fedora does NOT keep old updates on its
mirrors, the only convenient way to revert a broken update is to keep ALL
old updates cached locally. Otherwise, you have to hunt down the old builds
directly in Koji. The version from the GA release is more often than not TOO
old, you really want the previous update.

I consider it very broken to delete files that I might still need without
even asking me. Setting keepcache=1 is the one of the very first things I do
to any new Fedora installation.

        Kevin Kofler