Re: Many directories without owning packages

> Zbigniew, thanks for the prompt fix, but there goes my dream to file a
> bug against systemd :-p
Don't worry, we already have plenty :)

> I'm personally waiting for Fedora 25 to be out, and after upgrading I
> will start looking at the mass bug filing process. It'd be nice if
> people with different sets of packages gave it a try too. On my
> machine, more than 7% of the packages installed from Fedora
> repositories have this ownership issue. Filing bugs may not be the
> best thing to do if 7% of the whole package collection have ownership
> issues.

I think you should apply for provenpackager privileges and fix them
yourself.

Justification: lots of those are really simple bugs, with a fix like
  %files
- %{python2_sitelib}/whatever/*
+ %{python2_sitelib}/whatever
Filing a bug is more work than fixing this (even for you, and then you
have to involve the maintainer, so in all the work is quadrupled between
all the parties). Many of those are really simple packaging mistakes and
a good thing to start with for a fresh provenpackager.

I now fixed and built kobo and imagefactory, and pushed a fix without
building for anaconda. On your list, there's still quite a few easy
ones. For the more complicated ones it might be worthwhile to file
bugs.

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 11:32:11AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 04:00:21PM +0100, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> > repositories have this ownership issue. Filing bugs may not be the
> > best thing to do if 7% of the whole package collection have ownership
> > issues.
>
> It might be something to file a ticket with FESCo about and to work
> with a proven packager to address across the distro. Bugs filed or not.

I think that in this case cutting straight to the chase
(i.e. committing the fix) is the best option. Those are simple issues
and not really worth the bureaucracy, imo.

Zbyszek