Re: yet anothers things to do: Appstream, comps and remix

On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 04:53 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Adam Williamson wrote today in reply of one question (made by me) :
> "Hmm, actually, maybe it currently doesn't, but it definitely has
> before:
>
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/20/x86_64/comps.xml
>
> But basically, any repo can have comps data and dnf will respect it;
> you can set up an external repo with comps data that lists some package
> from that repo as being in the `standard` group, for instance, and when
> it installs the `standard` group, dnf will include that package. AFAIK
> this has always been intended to work. I'm not sure how often it gets
> tested. "
>
> Goggled and found http://rpmfusion.org/comps ;, so maybe we should add
> rpmfusion-comps repo (to archive) , in
>
>     https://github.com/rpmfusion-infra/rpmfusion-comps/ ;
>

> like fedora-comps , btw comps was talked here in rpmfusion in 2007 [1]
> , and if we need generate comps.xml , we also may talk in Appstream ,
> we need generate something isn't it ? And since remxis depends on
> comps.xml (If I am correct), also talk about RPMFusion remixs, not
> propose generate the remixs , but at least update remix specs [2], and
> be able do remix in a local machine .
> About appstream [3], can I add/update the missing packages for Fedora
> 23 ? and close the review request after that?

There's an RPM Fusion mailing list for discussing that project in more
detail, I only mentioned it in passing as an example. Please discuss
plans for comps and/or appstream in Fusion on that list, not here.
Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey