Re: F25 workstation, and (almost) hidpi displays

nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> But, GTK core maintainers have always insisted those didn't exist (just
> like they insisted on hardcoding 96 dpi, on the eve of Apple showing the
> world it was arbitrary and obsolete).

The worst is that this mentality has infected the core X11 as well, also
breaking KDE's code that would carefully compute the correct DPI, if only
X11 would not go out of its way to lie to it about the physical screen size!

(I wonder how this works under Wayland. Does KDE finally get to see the real
physical size again there, or is the kernel now a liar too?)

        Kevin Kofler