Re: F25 workstation, and (almost) hidpi displays

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 09:30 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 05:16 -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:

All of this makes me wonder: should the system perhaps attempt to
estimate the number of pixels per visual inch or perhaps per degree at
expected viewing position?  This shouldn't be *that* hard -- there
would be a little table of estimated viewing distances for laptops,
desktops, and tablets, and the system could extrapolate from there.
(Projectors are probably a lost cause and perhaps it should be purely
a function of resolution.)

At the very least, it would be rather nice to have a real (not
gnome-tweak-tool or dconf) interface for scaling the UI.

--Andy