Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Sean Middleditch wrote:
So install it from Extras.  It's preclusion from Core will not cause a
retroactive obliteration of every copy of joe in the known world, nor
hinder you in the least from installing it whenever you want from
Extras.

Why is this not getting through to people?  Is "extras" a synonym for
"/dev/null" in half the world or something?  ;-)

I'm a joe user, and I would like to see it removed from Core, but I also have no problem in having it in Extras. However, as it stands now, "extras" is a synonym for "/dev/null". I'll only believe it when I see it. There should be an official "extras" before people start moving core packages onto it.

Carlos Rodrigues